PREMIER GROUP ACCOMMODATION
COVID - 19 PREVENTIVE MEASURES -HYGIENE POLICY
This Internal Protocol consists of a set of information and measures to prevent and contain the spread infection of COVID-19, both for guests and employees, in order to ensure the safety and comfort of all.
There will always be a representative from the management team responsible for initiating the procedures in case of suspected infection, who will accompany the person with symptoms to an isolation space, provide the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service (NHS).
1. PREVENTION PROCEDURES
A. On the Premises:
B. For Employees:
C. For Guests:
2. PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION
Action Plan- Decontamination of the Isolation Site
1. PREVENTION PROCEDURES
A. On the premises:
Signaling and Information:
This Internal Protocol regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak will be sent by email to all guests at the time of confirming their reservation for their knowledge.
Information on basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak will be made available on site and also by email.
The cleaning services of all common spaces and apartments in the building will be reinforced with new procedures and standards:
Adequacy of accommodation units:
Existence of alcohol-based antiseptic solution dispensers near the entrance/exit of the building.
B. For Employees:
All employees will have training on the disease, but mainly on the procedures that must be adopted individually and in groups, namely on:
1. Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak;
2. How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including procedures:
3. How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever, check for cough or difficulty breathing;
4. How to comply with the guidelines of the National Health Service (NHS) for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes on the premises.
Equipment - Individual and collective protection:
Use of personal protective equipment PPE, appropriate to the degree of risk of exposure to the virus to which each function is subject.
Compliance with the permanent use of a certified community mask and hand disinfection at each visit and at least every 30 minutes.
Mandatory use of equipment with PPE, such as apron, mask, gloves and disposable shoe covers, for all employees before entering each accommodation unit for maintenance or cleaning. Employees must discard all protective equipment used (with the exception of masks) after completing the cleaning of each accommodation unit.
Machine washing of employees' uniforms separately at high temperatures (around 60ºC), in addition to ensure greater thermal disinfection it must be subjected to ironing / steaming.
1. Hand disinfection with the disinfectant gel available at the entrance / exit of the changing rooms. Every day the employee must: wear a washed uniform (a daily wash of the uniform with a temperature above 60ºC must be maintained); put on the mask according to the rules. At the end of your shift, if the mask is damaged, you must make it unusable by placing it in the waste container with a non-manual opening and a plastic bag that is located outside the employee exit door. On your next shift you must request a new mask from the Housekeeper.
2. Self-monitoring of employees' body temperature, in accordance with Decree-Law no. 20/2020 of 1 May, which alters the exceptional and temporary measures related to the pandemic of the disease COVID-19. Exclusively for the sake of protecting the health of oneself and others, body temperature measurements are carried out on workers for the purpose of access and permanence in the workplace. If there are temperature measurements above normal body temperature, the employee is prevented from accessing the workplace and must be directed to the isolation location defined in this protocol with the implementation of emergency procedures, or immediately invited to go home and contact the National Health Service (NHS).
3. Behaviours to be adopted by staff:
4. Awareness training for cleaning professionals on the products they use, the precautions to be taken when handling, diluting and applying them in safe conditions, how to protect themselves during cleaning procedures and how to ensure good ventilation during cleaning and disinfection.
5. Posting of awareness and information posters promoting good practices and guidelines from the National Health Service (NHS), both in public areas and in employees’ areas.
6. Communication to the Responsible whenever employees have been in close and / or direct contact with someone infected with COVID-19 or with symptoms compatible with the disease. In this case, in particular, they should monitor their health status, measuring body temperature twice a day, recording values and being aware of coughing or breathing difficulties.
7. Sensitising employees to avoid social greetings with physical contact, in addition to sharing food, utensils, cups and towels, and even touching their eyes, nose or mouth with dirty hands.
Reception of Goods:
It is carried out exclusively outside the accommodation building – at the space that supports the preparation of breakfasts and laundry, thus preventing suppliers from having to enter the guest's circulation areas. Compliance with the following rules: respect the minimum distance of 1 meter without physical contact with any employee; avoid the receipt of paper invoices and guides, whenever possible, requesting the sending in electronic format; the fruit received application has to be disinfected; additional care in discarding and cleaning the surfaces of packages received; avoid reusing suppliers' transport boxes in the establishment's internal circuits.
Stock of cleaning and sanitising materials:
Schedules / Shifts:
Definition of service schedules and / or shifts with a reduction in the simultaneous number of employees, through the creation of teams to allow greater control of safety and hygiene rules.
Possibility of holding small meetings between employees (up to 10 people maximum), during which participants should use a mask, disinfecting their hands before and after the meeting and during which the distance of 2 meters between participants must be respected.
Possibility for the employee to remove the mask during the meal break. The mask must be removed and deposited in a bag (for personal use) in the dressing room. Then, the hands are washed. After the meal and after washing your hands again, put on the second mask of the day, disinfect the table, chairs and benches and wash your hands again.
Cleaning and disinfection of staff reserved areas (dressing room, pantry and laundry) at least twice a day.
C. For Guests:
Equipment - Personal protection:
The hotel provides guests with personal protective equipment free of charge, including individual kits with a mask and disinfectant gel.
Permission to circulate in common spaces as long as social distance and basic precautions for infection prevention and control are respected in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Information will be sent by email to the guest/s about the measures taken by the accommodation with regard to hygiene and safety standards and operational standards.
Implementation of the Self / Digital Check-In procedure and a non-face-to-face prepayment model.
Guest service provided with a mask, maintaining the rule of social distance. Service of only one guest at a time. Disinfectant product available for guests at the Check-In Front Office.
It’s not allowed the transport of the guest's luggage, except in special cases where gloves must be used for this purpose.
Removal of all leaflets, magazines and equivalents available in common areas, in order to avoid handling these elements.
Apartments Cleaning and Clothes Changing:
The guest has the possibility to choose to have or not to have the accommodation clean and to replace bed and bath linen during their stay. Avoid cleaning when the guest is inside the accommodation.
PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION
All homes have the telephone numbers for the health authorities, medical centres, public and private hospitals available and also from assistance centres for use whenever there is a possibility that a guest may be ill.
The responsible employee will follow the following recommendations if a guest or employee has a suspected infection:
Decontamination of the Isolation Site:
The isolation area will always be decontaminated whenever there are positive cases of infection and the cleaning and disinfection reinforced whenever there are patients suspected of being infected, especially on the surfaces frequently handled and most used by the same, as indicated by the National Health Service (NHS).
The waste produced by patients suspected of infection will be stored in a closed plastic bag, which will be segregated and sent to the licensed medical waste management operator with biological risk.
For more information on COVID-19, visit Gov.uk.